Friday, July 30

Almost August

On Tuesday I returned to work after a weekend getaway to Tucson, Arizona to visit my friend Laura and her family.  As you can imagine, Tucson in July is a heck of a lot hotter than L.A., but that didn't stop me from having a great time.  All of our 21st century technology makes keeping in touch much easier than in times past, but nothing beats a good old fashioned real life visit.  As parents of two with another on the way, both Laura and Keith had lots of parenting tips to share, which I duly noted like the diligent student I am.  I also enjoyed commiserating with Laura on the joys of pregnancy.  (And yes, I use the word "joys" with a certain amount of sarcasm.)  When I left for my return trip to L.A., I was happily loaded down with all sorts of baby boy clothes that Laura very generously passed on to me.

Having all of this baby stuff slowly accumulating around the apartment is a constant reminder to me of the mission that must be accomplished by the end of next month:  Our second bedroom, which Eric has used as his personal catch-all room, must be cleared out and converted into the baby room by the end of August.  Otherwise, we will not have a place to put everything from the baby shower.  This project sounds simple enough, but the room is a total disaster area--just looking at it is enough to induce an anxiety attack in me--and it is a task that is almost entirely up to my husband to complete.  Sure, I could make it easy and just start filling trash bags, but I am pretty sure Eric would take offense at having his crap--I mean, his stuff--summarily tossed into the dumpster.  And so, I must wait patiently and encourage (he would say "incessantly nag") him to get started on this project.  It's almost August, so we'll see how things progress.  As I keep trying to tell him, the fall will be here before we know it...

5 comments:

  1. I am sure he has a sister and brother in law that would be glad to come help out with anything you two need. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jeff--we may end up taking you up on that offer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kimberly's room used to be a craft room/storage room/ piano room / crap room as well...it took the onset of the 3rd trimester to really get things going...I finished the wall papering about 1 week before she was born. we're slow like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we meaning men, not Katrina (in case she's reading this blog). hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Remy, I totally agree with you--men are slow. But maybe there's hope yet--my third trimester begins in about five days, so perhaps that will inspire a new sense of urgency. :-)

    ReplyDelete