Thursday, May 14

Thank You Card

Today I received a very cute thank you card from one of the school groups I gave a lesson to recently. My favorite comment is scribbled to the right of the amphora: "Thank you so much. I am smarter having listened to you."

These cute and sometimes creative thank-yous from school groups always make my day. There are so many times that you can feel frustrated and discouraged and frazzled as a museum educator, it is nice when someone takes the time to say "thanks." It really does mean a lot when someone takes the time to let you know they appreciated your time and effort. Saying "thank you" is one of the first lessons we learn as kids, but it is amazing how many of us forget about it when we're grown up. Thankfully, in my line of work I am reminded every day just how far a simple "thank you" can go.

1 comment: